Jay Leno: So what is this picture we are looking at, Lance?
Lance Armstrong: Umm... This is a picture of a bunch of guys peeing, Jay.
-- from The Tonight Show
Tower View
Tis The Season
Its football season again!
I've been waiting impatiently over the summer, constantly playing NCAA Football 2005 and Madden 2005 in order to satisfy that football urge.
Along with the video games comes Fantasy Football season. For those that have never played Fantasy Football, this is when you and other players pretend you are NFL managers. You draft the players from the real NFL in attempt to create your own team. Then you take your team and play all the other teams as if it was a real football game. When the real players score points, you score points. The team that scores the most points wins the game.
My league consists of sixteen folks since we all work for the same company; 15 men and 1 woman. I had to throw that it since I know there are a few women who know about football.
The league commissioner, Robert, is a devout Democrat. When it came time for the managers to draft their teams, several of us gave him all kinds of hell. Not because some were Republican or such, but just because Robert can take it all in stride.
Blurbs would slip out like "So was Randy Moss in Cambodia in 68?", "I heard Jeff Garcia has a bad back. I think he is up for a Purple Heart", and "I have to pick Faulk. I want him for *cough* 4 more years *cough*".
I got my shot in. When the software Robert was using went slightly haywire I snickered "Look, the program isnt working, just like Kerry's campaign."
So after all was said and done, here is the team that I drafted.
Quarterbacks: Mark Brunell (Wash), Carson Palmer (Cinn)
Running Backs: Corey Dillion (NE), Rudi Johnson (Cinn), Eddie George (Dall)
Wide Receivers: Jimmy Smith (Jax), Reggie Wayne (Indi), Kevin Johnson (Balt)
Tight End: Jeremy shockey (NYG)
Kicker: Ryan Longwell (GB)
Defensive Player: Brian Russell (Minn)
Team Defense: Seattle
Its going to be a long season.
**********
Out In The Yard
Delta Airlines refuses to allow returning soldier to take seat of other passengers that gave up theirs for her. Shame on you, Delta. Southwest and Continental will enjoy my business.
**********
Michael Moore is a f**king moron. This is humourous, but dont play it too loud at work. Hat tip to Moorewatch.
**********
Evil Genius has been making quite an impression. The demo is available so give it a shot.
**********
Background Noise
Twilight Zone by Golden Earring
Help I'm stepping into the Twilight Zone...
The place is a madhouse...
Feels like being cloned...
My beacon's been moved
Under moon and star...
Where am I to go
Now that I've gone too far?
***************************************
* Days go by
* And still I think of you
* Days when I couldnt live
* My life without you
***************************************
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Steward
   
Ken - United States
    I'm a forty-something American male
    Of Asian heritage.
    I may not be the best bloke you meet,
    But I do me best.
    View my complete profile
    I'm a forty-something American male
    Of Asian heritage.
    I may not be the best bloke you meet,
    But I do me best.
    View my complete profile
The Banner
   
Let the past be the past.
    Do not call up that which
    You cannot put down.
    Destroy that which destroyed us,
    So long ago.
    -- Sorin Relicbane
    Do not call up that which
    You cannot put down.
    Destroy that which destroyed us,
    So long ago.
    -- Sorin Relicbane
0 comments:
Post a Comment