Today, you people are no longer maggots. Today, you are Marines. You're part of a brotherhood. From now on until the day you die, wherever you are, every Marine is your brother. Most of you will go to Vietnam. Some of you will not come back. But always remember this: Marines die. That's what we're here for. But the Marine Corp lives forever. And that means you live forever.
-- Gunnery Sgt Hartman from Full Metal Jacket
::: Tower View :::
Immortality
**********
************************************************
I'm not expecting to
Grow flowers in the desert,
But I can live and breathe
And see the sun in wintertime.
************************************************
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Steward
   
Ken - United States
    I'm a forty-something American male
    Of Asian heritage.
    I may not be the best bloke you meet,
    But I do me best.
    View my complete profile
    I'm a forty-something American male
    Of Asian heritage.
    I may not be the best bloke you meet,
    But I do me best.
    View my complete profile
The Banner
   
Let the past be the past.
    Do not call up that which
    You cannot put down.
    Destroy that which destroyed us,
    So long ago.
    -- Sorin Relicbane
    Do not call up that which
    You cannot put down.
    Destroy that which destroyed us,
    So long ago.
    -- Sorin Relicbane
0 comments:
Post a Comment