People who say they don't care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don't care what people think.
-- George Carlin
I've been listening to a lot of Living Colour lately. Vernon Reid is ever the madman on the guitar while Corey Glover can still scream with the best singers. Their lyrics always struck a chord with me.
You feel the Earth revolving.
You See the Sun dissolving
And hear the night calling out to you.
You have no direction
You have no protection
What are you going to do
When your trip turns blue?
You come crashing down.
There is no help around.
You need friends.
You need help
But first you have to help yourself...
Desperate People by Living Colour
When it comes right down to it, its songs like this that best fits my mood as of late.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Steward
   
Ken - United States
    I'm a forty-something American male
    Of Asian heritage.
    I may not be the best bloke you meet,
    But I do me best.
    View my complete profile
    I'm a forty-something American male
    Of Asian heritage.
    I may not be the best bloke you meet,
    But I do me best.
    View my complete profile
The Banner
   
Let the past be the past.
    Do not call up that which
    You cannot put down.
    Destroy that which destroyed us,
    So long ago.
    -- Sorin Relicbane
    Do not call up that which
    You cannot put down.
    Destroy that which destroyed us,
    So long ago.
    -- Sorin Relicbane
0 comments:
Post a Comment