Castle Shima

Ready my knights for battle. They will ride with their king once more.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Crash And Hammer

I have an underwater camera just in case I crash my car into a river, and at the last minute I see a photo opportunity of a fish that I have never seen.
-- Mitch Hedberg

This year's Tour de France really has been one of the more exciting one over the years. Its definately something to look forward to as the race goes on.

Of course, the Versus channel is milking this as much as possible. Before the name change, the channel was OLN, the Outdoor Life Network. Even then, the joke was OLN actually stood for the Only Lance Network. Ha!

And so it still continues where Versus has been showing repeats of Tours gone past. One of those Tours that always comes to mind is the huge crash Joseba Beloki had six years ago to this day. Every time I watch it, the footage just makes me cringe just as much as it did when I first watched it back then. If you listen carefully, you can hear Beloki's screams as the support crew check on him.



The crash was so bad that Beloki's femur broke in two places and pretty much finished his career as a professional racer.

So when you're on the road, take care out there, even if you arent a professional. After all, we just want to ride our bicycles.

0 comments: