Neal: Sucks to be you! Ha! Ha!
Gi: What do you mean "Sex with me?!"
-- Miscommunication at work once again
Tower View
Language Lessons
Vegas outranks the public school system when it comes teaching immigrants how to speak English.
Thats pretty sad, isnt it?
So many people are determined to have our own culture bend and make it easy for those who cant speak English. And then here are the casinos, teaching their own employees how to speak English. If those immigrant employees didnt learn English, then they are out of a job. How simple enough is that?
What happens when an American is trying to employment in Europe or Asia? Would those cultures bend to the American will and have everyone else speak English? I sincerely doubt that.
Maybe the public schools will actually learn something from the casinos.
***********
No More Newbies
Speaking of immigrants, there is a sentiment going on for opposing future illegal immigration. With so many illegal immigrants coming in, employers are hiring these people in at a signficantly lower wage than those people who actually live here.
Coming from a family who legally immigrated from Asia, its ironic that I fall into this sentiment.
Why do I fall into this realm?
1) My family legally immigrated.
I understand that many people who come into this country cant afford the cost of being legal immigration. But why should we have to pay our tax dollars to set up aid stations in the middle of the wilderness because people are crossing the border illegally. I think this money could be spent somewhere else, for example, teaching our kids how to speak frigging English.
2) I have many friends who legally immigrated.
They went through a ton of red tape in order to become legal immigrants. Why should they have to pay more than those who havent come in legally?
3) The illegals are getting screwed by the greedy.
I wonder if those illegals are really better off being here. Too many greedy companies/employers are hiring these immigrants at an obnoxiously lower wage rate than the legals or citizens. Even the legals are getting hired at a lower rate than the citizens.
As one of those who are threatened by the cheap labor, I find this feeling of bringing in more immigrants to enforce such so-called "world corporations" abit of a crock.
If its really going to be a world corporation, then why arent the upper eschelon being replaced with the immigrants as well?
***********
Out in The Yard
The Star Wars Kid deals with fame. If you've never seen the video, its of a young, heavyset teen named Ghyslain imaging that he is a light saber fight. As much as Ghyslain doesnt want the fame, he has become an international hit.
Check out JediMaster.Net to see the video. Ghyslain is great because he is simply the kid that is inside of all us.
***********
Two teens charged with sexual assault on each other. How the hell did they come up with this one?
***********
Background Noise
"Rebus" is on BBC America tonight.
It stars John Hannah from The Mummy and The Mummy Returns as a cynical Scottish detective who has no problem stepping on a few toes in order to get his way. It makes Rebus an interesting character because his personal obsessions play havoc with his personal life.
Sounds a lot like myself then...
More info on Rebus can be found here.
*********************************************
* I will never forget those nights.
* I wonder if it was a dream.
* Remember how you made me crazy?
* Remember how I made you scream?
*********************************************
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Steward
   
Ken - United States
    I'm a forty-something American male
    Of Asian heritage.
    I may not be the best bloke you meet,
    But I do me best.
    View my complete profile
    I'm a forty-something American male
    Of Asian heritage.
    I may not be the best bloke you meet,
    But I do me best.
    View my complete profile
The Banner
   
Let the past be the past.
    Do not call up that which
    You cannot put down.
    Destroy that which destroyed us,
    So long ago.
    -- Sorin Relicbane
    Do not call up that which
    You cannot put down.
    Destroy that which destroyed us,
    So long ago.
    -- Sorin Relicbane
0 comments:
Post a Comment