Castle Shima

Ready my knights for battle. They will ride with their king once more.

I have plenty of talent and vision. I just dont care!
-- The sign hanging outside my cube at the office.

Tower View
Another One Gone By
So here it is; the last day of the year. So is it really a new beginning of things?

I really dont know. It could be just like any other day.

A lot of us woke up today, got dressed, fought traffic, and went to work. We went through our routine as if nothing else occurred. Tomorrow, it will be a different year with the same surroundings. We will wake up, get dressed, and go thru the routine over again.

What exactly is different?

Perhaps its in our perceptions.

We see this change in seasons is a chance for us to do something new and exciting; something that perhaps we've been wanting to do for awhile. Or even maybe, bring a change into our lives, hence the New Year's resolutions.

This time of year gives us a chance to celebrate everything in our lives and that chance to move forward.

With that being said, Happy New Year to everyone!

Stay safe, stay healthy, and for God's sakes, stay out of the bicycle lane! Heh...
***********

My New Year's Resolution
The Carpool Cheaters website shows pictures of drivers at their worst driving. Some pictures are of drivers speeding down the carpool lane with only themselves in the car. Other pictures have those who use the bicycle lanes to cut traffic or take up two parking spaces so no one can park next to them.

I love this idea! Instead of my road rage compelling me to want to shoot the offenders, I can take a picture and post it on the Internet for all to see..

As the Carpool Cheats guys say "If you don't want your picture taken while you're doing something illegal, don't do it in public!"
***********

While I'm Thinking About It
Since this is New Year's Eve and the end of the holiday season, here are few things that come to mind:
* Check out Cynical Tyrant's entry for today . Good words from a good writer.

* So what the hell exactly does 'Auld Lang Syne' mean anyway?

* Time to get rid of those unwanted gifts so dump them to other people online. I wonder how many fruitcakes are out there?
***********

Out in The Yard
I, Robot Now was a trailer that came out recently. It looks interesting since its based off of Isaac Asimov's 3 rules for robots. The downside is that Will Smith is the lead so this may or may not be a good movie.
***********

New reality show has fiance be mean to his bride-to-be. This one actually sounds interesting. Be a jerk to the bride AND get paid for it?! Most men are used to doing that for free.
***********

There is a school for people on how to control their swearing. Are you fu__ing kidding me?! What a bunch of bullsh_t! You fill in the blanks.
***********

Lord Of The Rings is being considered as a story full of racism. Someone has way too much time on their hands.
***********

Man has 114 dead cats in the freezer. Thats a lot of Chinese dishes.
***********

Background Noise
The Enemy Within by Rush

I'm not giving in to
Insecurity or pressure...
I'm not missing out
On the promise of adventure...
I'm not giving up
On impossible dreams...
Experience to extremes....


***************************************
* We keep driving into the night
* Its a late goodbye
* Such a late good bye
***************************************

0 comments: