I can put it in my mouth as long as I dont swallow.
-- Dee, during a conversation at work concerning her Atkins diet. Right.
Tower View
High Points, Low Points
I really hadnt had time to update the blog for the past few weeks. Between the holiday, work, and then registry problems on the computer, a nervous breakdown should have ensued.
How have things been going?
Upside: I finally broke down and picked up Giant's TCR 2. Its a semi-professional style bicycle made out of carbon so it probably doesnt weigh more than 17 lbs. With the light weight and the performance style components, it was definately worth the cost.
Downside: The Jeep's brakes had to be replaced. An extremely large, as well as unexpected, bill.
Upside: I bought one of Festina's 8978 Chronograph. Festina is a watch maker more known in Europe because they specialize in time pieces for cyclists. Seems fitting since they are also the official timekeeper for the Giro d Italia (Tour of Italy) and Tour de France.
Downside: The Jeep's brakes had to be replaced. Bleah...
Upside: The dryer was replaced so that the laundry could be completed.
Downside: After the new dryer was installed, the socket sparked like mad and burned the wall. At least the house didnt burn down.
Upside: The deadline of the office project is coming up, meaning the end of this monstrosity.
Downside: Only half the work that was supposed to be done by now, hasnt been completed, mainly because the customers keep changing their minds.
Upside: I heard from my friend, Leeny, who is now going to Sacremento State.
Downside: I was supposed to be working on a Excel spreadsheet for work. This doesnt quite count though. Any reason not to do the homework is a good reason.
Upside: All the movies I've been waiting for have finally come out; Kill Bill 2, Punisher, etc.
Downside: I'll be working weekends because of the other office project due at the end of the month. Grrr...
Upside: I've been participating in more bicycle rides in order to prepare for the MS-150.
Downside: I'm supposed to be working weekends because of the other office project due at the end of the month. Grrr...
**********
Out In The Yard
The Tour of Georgia is going on this week! This is a rare event since Lance Armstrong and the US Postal Service Team are actually competing with some of the top European teams in a race on American soil. This would be like having a NASCAR race held in England.
**********
Here are the top 11 Role Playing Game Office Supplies. Looks like I'm going shopping.
**********
Wil Wheaton is back on Tech Tv. I'm sorry. I still cant resist the urge of seeing Wheaton as Wesley "The Wonder Zit" Crusher, from his Star Trek - The Next Generation days.
**********
Background Noise
O Fortuna by The Opera Babes
This is from an opera called Carmina Burana (Songs of Beuren). I first heard this song in the movie Excalibur and have loved it ever since. Unfortunately, its sung in Latin so I dont understand many of the lyrics, but I did find out what some of them mean.
O Fortune,
Like the moon
You are changeable,
Ever waxing
And waning;
Hateful life
First oppresses
And then soothes
As fancy takes it;
Poverty
And power
It melts them like ice.
The Opera Babes are crossover artists and do a great rendition of this song.
***************************************
* Days go by
* And still I think of you
* Days when I couldnt live
* My life without you
***************************************
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Steward
   
Ken - United States
    I'm a forty-something American male
    Of Asian heritage.
    I may not be the best bloke you meet,
    But I do me best.
    View my complete profile
    I'm a forty-something American male
    Of Asian heritage.
    I may not be the best bloke you meet,
    But I do me best.
    View my complete profile
The Banner
   
Let the past be the past.
    Do not call up that which
    You cannot put down.
    Destroy that which destroyed us,
    So long ago.
    -- Sorin Relicbane
    Do not call up that which
    You cannot put down.
    Destroy that which destroyed us,
    So long ago.
    -- Sorin Relicbane
0 comments:
Post a Comment