Castle Shima

Ready my knights for battle. They will ride with their king once more.

I love cats. They taste like chicken
-- seen on a bumper sticker

Tower View
Aid Rage
Maybe I'm going to sound bitter here about the tsunami relief, but please keep in mind I'm Asian by birth so this is close to home. I also have many friends from the hit regions so I'm watching this very closely.

I'm in agreement with Elizabeth about giving too much US government aid. Our government has now agreed to give over $350 million in aid to the victims, which is very generous considering there are over 120,000 people lost.

But this comes after many countries have been called stingy for the amount of aid given by the government.

The first thought that came to mind was So what if the government is stingy?

If the relief amount was raised from $35 million to only 150$ million, wouldnt that be enough from the US government? We citizens (myself included) have been giving to the private organizations, but why should our government, which we fund with our tax dollars, give the highest amount in the world?

This means as taxpayers, we are donating twice. Even the people who didnt want to donate anything are now giving funds to the relief. And for our country, its their right to not want to give anything.

That other $315 million has to come from somewhere. That means funding for schools, education, defense, as well relief to our own people.

All this for what? Many of the nations that are crying that the US is stingy are the same ones that just a few months ago, didnt want anything to do with us, because we re-elected President Bush. These were the same sods that complained about the US influence in Europe, but then started crying when they found out the US would pull troops out of their country.

Two words for those people: F**k you.

The person you so despised is the one who signed off sacrificing a large amount of help for his country to help out others. If you dont want our help, then why should we give it?

This entry isnt meant to be a pro-Bush one, but more to vent at the hypocrisy of the others. The country many despise is the one offering the most amount of relief from its people and its government.

And what started this tirade? I saw this picture on Neal Boortz's site.



There was no direct link so I had to save the image, but note the man in the tshirt. Was it someone like this person that said "Where is America?"
**********

More Importantly...
Now that the venting phase is out, please donate what you can to the responsible charities. There are already those scumbags that are using this tragedy.

The two I went through were the American Red Cross and the Catholic Relief Services
**********

Its Deca 31, Buck...
If you understand where that title came from, then you are an old timer like myself. hehehe...

And if you have no idea what the heck, I'm talking about, watch the 80's version of Buck Rogers In The 25th Century, which will be out in DVD soon.

And with that being said, Happy New Year's to everyone. Stay safe tonight and we'll see you next year.
**********

Out In The Yard
Linkin Park donates $100,000 to tsunami relief. And in the end, all of it really does matter...
**********

Bummer shows that the Washington Post screws up the facts of Memogate in a single paragraph. Today's lesson in journalism: fact checking. Hat tip to Little Green Footballs
**********

Jerry Orbach passed away. Jerry may be gone, but Lennie Briscoe will live on forever.
**********

Background Noise
Tim Allen is playing on Xm's comedy Channel (channel 150):

I just bought some duct tape. I figure if I cant fix it, duct it

***************************************
* Days go by
* And still I think of you
* Days when I couldnt live
* My life without you
***************************************

0 comments: