Castle Shima

Ready my knights for battle. They will ride with their king once more.

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Sunset

If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever.
-- Sarah from The Crow

::: Tower View :::
Sunset
A friend of mine recently had her mother pass away. It reminded me of when Adnil lost her grandmother, who was the one who raised her. I handled that moment badly as well.

Just as it was back then, there were no words that I could say that would make things any easier. The best I could do was to give a prayer and condolensces. If I remember correctly, I even screwed that up on both occasions.

The words are best left to those more eloquent than I could ever be.

Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night by Dylan Thomas
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.


In the end, life goes on and so must we. Light a candle for those remembered.
**********

************************************************
Its not the tree that forsakes the flower
But the flower that forsakes the tree
Someday I'll learn to love these scars
Still fresh from the red hot
Blade of your words
************************************************

0 comments: