Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action arrives, stop thinking and go in.
-- Napoleon Bonaparte
I've lost my frigging mind, not that its any surprise to anyone. More evidence of this lies in the new multi-sport bicycle I bought. Otherwise known as a time-trial or triathlon bike, it requires the rider to be leaning more forward on the handlebars to be in a more aerodynamic postion. 
Its not that I plan on doing any time trials or triathlons in any near future, but I wanted to try something a little different. After all, my off-road cycling skills are already pretty well renown. Thats because I've hit almost every fracking tree at the local park and could be heard swearing from miles away. I cant even remember if I was banned from there for two years or three.
Anyways, it was a chance to diversify and improve what little skill I have. well, that and I made the mistake of talking to the same bike shop guy who sold me my last four bikes. I might as well call him my dealer.
When he knocked off another 20% from Quintana Roo's Seduza, it felt like giving crack to a recovering addict. If I had the chance, I probably would have snorted this thing up my nose somehow. 
So now here I am with yet another bicycle in the house. Nevermind that she is one of the lightest bikes I've ever owned. Nevermind that she is one of the fastest bikes I've had. And nevermind that she rides like an absolute dream. The other four bikes are plotting my death out of jealousy. I can hear them.
As I did my first ride, this song came on my mp3 player and everything just fell into place.
How ironic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Steward
   
Ken - United States
    I'm a forty-something American male
    Of Asian heritage.
    I may not be the best bloke you meet,
    But I do me best.
    View my complete profile
    I'm a forty-something American male
    Of Asian heritage.
    I may not be the best bloke you meet,
    But I do me best.
    View my complete profile
The Banner
   
Let the past be the past.
    Do not call up that which
    You cannot put down.
    Destroy that which destroyed us,
    So long ago.
    -- Sorin Relicbane
    Do not call up that which
    You cannot put down.
    Destroy that which destroyed us,
    So long ago.
    -- Sorin Relicbane
0 comments:
Post a Comment