Little League baseball is a very good thing because it keeps the parents off the streets.
-- Yogi Berra
Hopefully, Coach Pill and Mermaid get a kick out of this one.
Back in the 80s, one of the first concerts I ever got to attend had these two little bands that hardly anyone had ever heard of: Men At Work and their opening act, The Outfield. Both have been favourites of mine since.
Back in the day, it wasnt uncommon for me sing their music all thoughout the night. As matter of fact, I still do sing their songs at night and to be honest, I do it just as badly now as I did back then.
So when I saw the news that The Outfield has the original trio back together and are releasing a new cd, I was totally estatic! This is one group I definately would see again. I will even buy the cd so I can have a physical copy of their work instead of just downloading the songs from Amazon.
Here is the promotional video with drummer Alan Jackman, that had left the band and has now returned.
Since most people are used to hearing Your Love, I opted for a different track.
All The Love In The World by The Outfield
There isnt really a video for this song, but it was another favourite song off of their first album, Play Deep. I have to thank the You Tube user for posting it.
I Don't Need Her by The Outfield
I think I actually have what's left of the original cassette somewhere in the house. I'd be amazed if it still works considering I pretty much wore it out by playing it constantly in the car. Then again I practically wore out the cd playing it on the bedroom stereo, the car stereo, the portable cd player, the boombox, the computer...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Steward
   
Ken - United States
    I'm a forty-something American male
    Of Asian heritage.
    I may not be the best bloke you meet,
    But I do me best.
    View my complete profile
    I'm a forty-something American male
    Of Asian heritage.
    I may not be the best bloke you meet,
    But I do me best.
    View my complete profile
The Banner
   
Let the past be the past.
    Do not call up that which
    You cannot put down.
    Destroy that which destroyed us,
    So long ago.
    -- Sorin Relicbane
    Do not call up that which
    You cannot put down.
    Destroy that which destroyed us,
    So long ago.
    -- Sorin Relicbane
0 comments:
Post a Comment