Castle Shima

Ready my knights for battle. They will ride with their king once more.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Return To Yourself

A violinist had a violin, a painter his palette. All I had was myself. I was the instrument that I must care for.
-- Josephine Baker

Ever get in the mood for orchestral music? Maybe not even orchestral per se, but something more mello to match whatever mood you happen to be in.

Ok, maybe its a shite excuse of mine in order to play something abit different than usual. Considering everything going on around me, a chance to breathe wouldnt be such a bad thing. I dont mind being busy, even frenetic, but using the snorkel every day can wear you down.

On the plus side, crazy days like today end up giving way to more creative culinary ideas because there arent too many healthy options late at night. A can of chili and beans, simmered with a combination of ground beef, onions, scallions, and cheese. Pour on top of tortilla chips and off you go.

I'm not sure if there is really a point to this note. I dont think there really was one other than perhaps its times like these where we miss simplicity. Simple, quiet times without the hustle and bustle of every day life.

Or maybe I'm just burned out and I'm whining like a little bitch. In that case, just rub your fingers together to play the world's smallest violin for me.

Return To Innocence by Enigma

0 comments: