Hey, Doc, I got a mother. All right? I mean, you got a mother. Sarge's got a mother. I mean, shit, I bet even the Captain's got a mother. Well, maybe not the Captain, but the rest of us got mothers.
-- Reiben from Saving Private Ryan
Since music a pretty typical theme, I figured I would do a slightly different look at Mother's Day music. Here are a couple items that, at first glance, don't appear as tributes to motherhood.
Billy Joel's She's Always A Woman started as a love song, but the John Lewis ad expands on the lyrics. The simple imagery of a girl growing into much more is quite effective.
Not bad for only one minute thirty.
As harsh as this next song may sound, the lyrics touch upon some of the hardest things that a mother must go through. Listen carefully and you can hear the gratitude to the one person that kept him alive.
Hate Me by Blue October
Being a parent is a tough, thankless job and its seems nowadays, children are more apt to blame their parents than thank them. Two days out of an entire year isnt enough to honour them. Appreciate them while you still have them, hm? Even if they arent in your life, keep them close by.
So to mine and all you other mums out there, thanks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Steward
   
Ken - United States
    I'm a forty-something American male
    Of Asian heritage.
    I may not be the best bloke you meet,
    But I do me best.
    View my complete profile
    I'm a forty-something American male
    Of Asian heritage.
    I may not be the best bloke you meet,
    But I do me best.
    View my complete profile
The Banner
   
Let the past be the past.
    Do not call up that which
    You cannot put down.
    Destroy that which destroyed us,
    So long ago.
    -- Sorin Relicbane
    Do not call up that which
    You cannot put down.
    Destroy that which destroyed us,
    So long ago.
    -- Sorin Relicbane
0 comments:
Post a Comment