What do you call a guy that keeps his $3,000 Star Wars collection in a storage garage? Married. -- Jay Leno
::: Tower View :::
Spin or Soak
I rode in a charity event this weekend.
Cycling in the rain can not only be invigorating, it can be even energizing. Riding in a major downpour is downright scary.
Then the fact I rode in a charity ride during a downpour was silly. They already got my money.
Granted, it was still fun.
There is simply something exciting about going thru the rain, clothes soaked, and white socks turned black. There is even the tell-tale sign on along a rider's back. The rear tire of the bicycle kicks up mud and dirt so there is always a long streak of dirt going up the middle of the jersey.
Even though the temperature was down due to the storm, the body doesnt like being out in that kind of weather for that long of time, working that hard.
Mine shut down severely before reaching the goal and all I could do to recover is sleep the time away.
Gah, I still have soggy clothes sitting on the laundry room floor. My shoes are still drenched. Ewww...
**********
Snap Away
I've added a new link to the blog, Snap Judgements for the Underserving. The writing is funny, witty, and brought a smile to my face.
Besides, the writer is a cute blonde from Wisconsin named Anna.
How ironic is that?
**********
::: Out In The Yard :::
Cops giving tickets to motorists who dont share the road. Aye, thats what I'm talking about! Heh...
**********
Ullrich wins time trial in Tour of Switzerland. This man is still dangerous to Lance's 7th tour, despite last year's performance.
**********
The Discovery Channel team sweeps the final stage of the Dauphine. Hincapie, Popovych, and Lance take the podium to secure Overall Team catagory. Lance placed 4th in the final standings. This year's Tour De France is going to be really, really interesting.
::: Background Noise :::
Extreme Ways by Moby
Extreme sounds have told me...
They held me down a night...
I didnt have much to say,
I didnt give up the light...
I close my eyes,
Close myself,
Close my world
And never open up to everything...
It couldnt get me at all...
***************************************
* Days go by
* And still I think of you
* Days when I couldnt live
* My life without you
***************************************
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Steward
   
Ken - United States
    I'm a forty-something American male
    Of Asian heritage.
    I may not be the best bloke you meet,
    But I do me best.
    View my complete profile
    I'm a forty-something American male
    Of Asian heritage.
    I may not be the best bloke you meet,
    But I do me best.
    View my complete profile
The Banner
   
Let the past be the past.
    Do not call up that which
    You cannot put down.
    Destroy that which destroyed us,
    So long ago.
    -- Sorin Relicbane
    Do not call up that which
    You cannot put down.
    Destroy that which destroyed us,
    So long ago.
    -- Sorin Relicbane
0 comments:
Post a Comment