Castle Shima

Ready my knights for battle. They will ride with their king once more.

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Spring Cleaning

In that other city, there was another life. There was another door that might still be open. Here, I broke no promises. Nobody would miss me. I dont look back. I didnt need to. The world healed itself behind me. And forgot that I had ever been.
-- Richard from Neverwhere

::: Tower View :::
Spring Cleaning
I looked around and realized all the things that I let accumulate over the winter. How in the hell did I let things get this way?

There was the actual Taco Bell menu I picked up because I was getting those taco salad cravings. That had to be tossed into the trash. I dont think I'll be having those for awhile.

In a box went the toy football helmets from Boise State and Florida after their tremendous games. Football season will never be the same.

The little toy dancing hamster was put away along with all the various pictures of cemetaries, glass clocks, sunrises, sunsets, hawaiian boats, boardwalks, and gondola rides. The rave cds werent really my taste, but they were different.

Finally, I folded up the winter blanket and placed it in its spot within the box.

Then the box was stored away into the closet, far in the back reaches.

The winter seems so long ago.
**********

::: Background Noise :::
Goodbye by Night Ranger

Yet its hard
Living life on this memory-go-round
Always up
Always down
Turning round and round and round
And all this could be
Just a dream
So it seems
I was never much good at goodbye


*******************************************************
* If I should fall to rise no more,
* As many comrades did before,
* Ask the pipes and drums to play
* Over the hills and far away.
*******************************************************

0 comments: