Castle Shima

Ready my knights for battle. They will ride with their king once more.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

From The Far Corner Arc

Hatch: Where do I stand for a corner kick?
Colby: At the far post, facing the ball.
Hatch: Thanks. For a while there, I thought you were keeping it a secret.
-- from Victory

And just like that, another soccer season has passed me by. The team I'm on, BC United, just seems to get better and better every year. This year we took the first seed into our tournament and earned the right for a first week bye. That was definately a new feeling.

The hardest part is that the tournament spans across days and not everyone can make the same day. That goes for all the teams, not just us. So everyone feels the difference to some extent.

Semis
For United, we placed fourth, our highest ranking ever.

I guess in the long run, it really doesnt matter. Everyone comes out and plays hard. Everyone has a good time regardless of the outcome. And in the end, we all enjoy being out as a team, as a group, as friends.

That makes the whole season worth it.

Finals
So to United and to everyone in the league, I thank you. Its always an honour to take the field with you.

0 comments: