Castle Shima

Ready my knights for battle. They will ride with their king once more.

Q:What is the difference between Baghdad and Easter?
A: Easter will be here in three weeks."
-- Jay Leno

Tower View
The target is in site.. Stay frosty, guys!




A lot of good things happened to a few bad people today.

Geraldo Rivera is getting kicked out of Iraq for giving out battle plans on live televsion. He called it a plot from NBC to discredit him.

I dont know about that. I always figured Rivera did that to himself.

Did we ever find Al Capone's safe, Geraldo?

Speaking of NBC, this network as well as National Geographic has fired Peter Arnett. His comments were pretty harsh of the US military and truly his own opinion. Even if the interview was done as a courtesy to the Iraqi station, some times there are comments that should be kept to one's self.

It would be much better if parents starting pulling their kids out of Columbia university (sorry.. too lazy to find the link again..).

I'm all for freedom of speech, but there are times when that freedom is best expressed outside of your job. The so called "teach-in" staged at Columbia had absolutely nothing to do with teaching, but more to do with ranting. More specifically, the fact that these professors simply didnt like Bush.

If these professors wanted to do a peace rally, then so be it; call it a peace rally. Don't hide this agenda in the guise of teaching our kids morals. Thats our job as parents. Get over it.

By the way, the war is still going on. We might not like it, but we all have to do things that we dont like to do. Get over it.

Out in The Yard
I caught Hollywood High on the AMC channel tonight. It was a documentary about how drugs are shown in the movies and how audiences perceive their usage. It was interesting in that it showed movies that I hadnt seen yet had piqued my interest.

"Traffic" was supposed to be really good, but I simply couldnt get into it. Requiem For A Dream looked alot better in its harsh story line and blunt view of drug addiction, in all its forms. Marlon Wayons got rare critical praise for his performance as a drug pusher.

It even gave me a tagline I was debating about using tonight: Vampires are junkies; they are in constant need of that blood fix.

Background Noise
An episode of The X-Files that I havent seen yet. Apparently an episode in which a town has been overrun by cochroaches. This should be fun... heh.

This reminds me. The X-Files season 7 dvd box set should be out soon. I cant wait.. heh.

Xena: Season 1 comes out at the end of April... woohoo!

******************************************
* I want to heal,
* I want to feel
* Like I'm close to something real.
* I want to find something
* I've wanted all along...
* Somewhere I belong.
******************************************

0 comments: