Jade: Brent Sienna! Where is Skull?
Brent: I had him kenneled.
-- from PvP
Tower View
Surviving The Days
Thanksgiving wasnt as stressful as last year, which unfortunately, means that it wasnt as humourous as it was last year. So the best I could do is the high and low points of the past few days.
High Point: We werent going to have dinner at my parents' home since its under heavy reconstruction.
Low Point: Having to listen to my cousin who lives in a large home with her family, continuously asking the man with the one bedroom apartment (aka me) "What do you think? Should we have it here? What do you think?"
High Point: All the food was going to be set up by a local grocery store so the amount of cooking was going to be limited.
Low Point: Standing in the self checkout line, watching the moron in front of me, trying to scan the wrong side of their package for five minutes.
High Point: Finally getting to wake up on a Thursday morning at 7a and not having to fret about work.
Low Point: I was supposed to be at a local bicycle ride at 7a.
High Point: I got to catch up on some of my movie viewing with Shrek 2 and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Low Point: I also had to sit thru a viewing of The Terminal, which is very typical of a modern Steven Spielburg movie. Its a fairly decent movie, but 30 minutes too long. The entire subplot with Catherine Zeta Jones could have been skipped.
High Point: I got to catch up on some of my riding since I rode my offroad bike to do the shopping on "Black Friday."
Low Point: I spent way too much money.
High Point: I got to laugh at all the people trapped in their cars when they couldnt find a parking space while I simply rode up and parked at a bike rack.
Low Point: I still spent way too much money.
High Point: FIFA 2005 was on sale at Target.
Low Point: I bought another game that I really dont have time to play. Matter of fact, I'm still supposed to be writing for Nanowrimo?!
High Point: I got to buy a different kind of wine from the interesting company known as Fat Bastard Wines.
Low Point: I know I'm not much of a wine drinker, but have you actually tasted this stuff?! Gah...
*********
Fit The Bill
Its pretty sad when you represent alot of the comments from You Know You Are Addicted To Cycling When
* You no longer require a hankie to blow your nose.
- Plug up one nostril and blow really hard. Be sure to towards the ground to avoid hitting those riders behind you.
* You see nothing wrong with discussing the connection between hydration and urine color.
- It should normally be semi-clear to yellowish... Ummm.. nevermind...
* You refuse to buy a couch because that patch of wallspace is taken up by the bike.
- Besides, the floor is still a available as a place to sit.
* You see a fit, tanned, Lycra-clad young woman ride by, and the first thing you check out is her bicycle.
- This is because I've greater chance of getting to ride the bicycle.
* When you move to a new area the first thing you look for is a bike shop.
- And its only 4 miles down the road...
* Your bikes are worth more than your car.
- I'll get a new car... One day...
* You have more money invested in your bike clothes than in the rest of your combined wardrobe.
- I plead guilty.
* You have more bike jerseys than dress shirts.
- Once again, guilty as charged.
*********
Out In The Yard
Here are some voodoo dolls for dogs. If they start doing human sacrifices, get really worried.
**********
The Lego Wars have broken out! At least you could build your own foxhole.
**********
Lance is getting overhauled. Damn. Now I'm going to have to watch a "Fix My Car/House/Life" show.
**********
Background Noise
The Riders of Rohan have entered the battle for Gandor. Theoden King leads his calvary into the Orc hordes, cutting a path thru their center. Soon the elephants of Mordor will enter the fray...
Thats it. I've definately watched Return Of The King a bit too much...
***************************************
* Days go by
* And still I think of you
* Days when I couldnt live
* My life without you
***************************************
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Steward
   
Ken - United States
    I'm a forty-something American male
    Of Asian heritage.
    I may not be the best bloke you meet,
    But I do me best.
    View my complete profile
    I'm a forty-something American male
    Of Asian heritage.
    I may not be the best bloke you meet,
    But I do me best.
    View my complete profile
The Banner
   
Let the past be the past.
    Do not call up that which
    You cannot put down.
    Destroy that which destroyed us,
    So long ago.
    -- Sorin Relicbane
    Do not call up that which
    You cannot put down.
    Destroy that which destroyed us,
    So long ago.
    -- Sorin Relicbane
0 comments:
Post a Comment