Well, sure... Dark Elves are bastards. -- Skull from Player vs Player
Tower View
Work To Live
The past two weeks I've been working an average of 9 to 10 hour days by leaving the office, goofing off for awhile, then logging in from home. I know that is not a long day as compared to some jobs, but for a desk jockey, I'm working way too hard.
The worse part is that I actually dont mind working from home because then I can avoid the barrage of silly questions. I know there is no such thing as stupid questions, but there are plenty of silly ones.
Yesterday, someone from the marketing area called me, asking if it would be possible for me to do a very large, very important report and send her the results within the next couple of hours. I mentioned that I wasnt available to do it since I'm no longer with the freelance programming team.
I mentioned since that team sits one row over from me, I knew a couple of the programmers were available. She could send an email and ask for them to do it. The downside was that the team would have to charge her dept for the work because doing programs like this is how they got paid.
She then asked Do you think they could do it without charging our dept?
When I reminded her that their team got their paycheck based on the programs they wrote for people, she replied I know, but I dont think that we can afford to pay for it. Are you sure you couldnt do this?
The phrase Are you $%^#ing kidding me?! almost slipped out.
Instead, I stated that if I did the work, it would cost her dept three times more than the other team. That was why I had left that team.
I also noted that I wouldnt even be available to do any freelance work until next month because I was totally booked. I even made commented the freelance programming team would not only be less expensive, they could actually get it done.
She thought for a moment and said Well, we really dont need the report that badly. Thanks...
And people wonder why I prefer to work at home now.
*********
Yet Another Survey
Apparently, I'm more of a Sagittarian than most. This should not be a surprise to anyone.
How much do you match your zodiac sign?
| You are 73% Sagittarius |
|
Out of 7732 people the average score was 69%
*********
Out In The Yard
The latest ingredient for the chef in all of us. Thank God I cant cook. (Not safe for work. Hat tip: Avatar)
**********
Here is a site to rate people's external work. I thought it was just a load of crap, but that is my opinion. (Not safe for work. Hat tip: Fury)
**********
Background Noise
Numb by Linkin Park & Jay-Z
Its a remix of the original song with Jay-Z is rapping and Linkin Park providing the music and chorus. This is the first time I've heard this and I'm pretty impressed. I'll have to see about getting this version.
XM Radio in the house is a good thing.
***************************************
* Days go by
* And still I think of you
* Days when I couldnt live
* My life without you
***************************************
0 comments:
Post a Comment