"A McDonald's franchise in Nevada has come up with a new product to raise business: McWhores!" -- Jay Leno
Tower View
Its been a pretty long day here. Work has actually been.. well.. work. Doesnt management know that I'm really there just for the paycheck? I wasnt really expecting to do anything... sheesh.
Speaking of work, something occurred to me today in regards to yesterday's reorganization.
Some of my co-workers have been in sort of a transition period at the office. They were originally part of another division and had been transferred over to our division due to cutbacks. Now our division wants to lay them outright in order save money. Apparently their previous division had been paying their budget and the upper eschelon doesnt want to pay their bill now.
The biggest supporter for keeping these folks, our own vice president, has just been reorganized to another area, which means these folks wont be getting the defense they deserve. So in all likelyhood, people who have worked an average of ten years with us, will lose their jobs.
Two things bother me about this, besides the obvious loss of friends and internal knowledge.
First, one of our company's mottos is 'Employees are our number one asset.' I know this is the usual corporate speak that every company has, but has any company really meant this? I know ours hasnt meant this for the past couple of years.
Second, if we are really trying to save money, then why in the hell did we hire another vice president? If the grunts are supposed to be more effective with less, why cant the leaders?
Out in The Yard
My friend, Christi, is getting married tomorrow. Congratulations and good wishes out to her and the new hubby. I think I forgot to give him the warning What is her's is hers and what is yours is hers.
I've been reading A Phule and His Money by Robert Asprin which is the third in the series after Phule's Company and Phule's Paradise. I will also be the first to admit that I'm really disappointed in it. The first two books were great and I loved reading them, but this third installment has lost some of it humor and the plot line is extremely rushed. The character development isnt really there. Matter of fact, a few points brought up by the prior books have been completely neglected.
Escrima, the Filipino cook with the hair trigger temper and martial arts background, would speak in broken English. In the third book, he is speaking as if he were an American, complete with slang and bad grammar, as well as abit more of a laid back, hippie style attitude. Gah!
Hopefully the fourth book, Phule Me Twice, will be much better.
Background Noise
Fine Again by Seether.
You say its over
I can try again
here.
Why try to stay sober
when I'm dying
here?
***************************************************************************
* How can I stand by you and not be moved by you...
***************************************************************************
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Steward
   
Ken - United States
    I'm a forty-something American male
    Of Asian heritage.
    I may not be the best bloke you meet,
    But I do me best.
    View my complete profile
    I'm a forty-something American male
    Of Asian heritage.
    I may not be the best bloke you meet,
    But I do me best.
    View my complete profile
The Banner
   
Let the past be the past.
    Do not call up that which
    You cannot put down.
    Destroy that which destroyed us,
    So long ago.
    -- Sorin Relicbane
    Do not call up that which
    You cannot put down.
    Destroy that which destroyed us,
    So long ago.
    -- Sorin Relicbane
World Map
Viewing Room
Training Room
The Archives
-
▼
2003
(61)
-
▼
Mar 2003
(10)
- No Bounce, No Play -- from "Dreamcatcher" Tower V...
- The new name for this war: Son of Bush vs Son of B...
- The French Government announced today that it is i...
- I know this is going to be a pretty boring post, b...
- Fighting a war without the French is like.. ummm.....
- Someone please ask Bill Engvall to hand this woman...
- The latest on-going joke at World War 2 Online: "F...
- "A McDonald's franchise in Nevada has come up with...
- Ever have one of those days where one minute you'r...
- My friend Fury got me hooked on blogs so I figured...
-
▼
Mar 2003
(10)
0 comments:
Post a Comment