Castle Shima

Ready my knights for battle. They will ride with their king once more.

ABC vodka?! Are you kidding me?! Do you know what the ABC stands for?! A Bad Choice! -- The Amused One

Tower View
Its been awhile since I've had a chance to post out here and alot has been happening.

The Wedding
On the 28th, one of my friends, MJ, finally married her man, MT. It was a great wedding and she looked really happy. I couldnt find a sympathy card for MT so he is on his own. Hopefully, he already knows about how finicky she is when picking movies.. *whew* LOL.. Just joking...

Joy and happiness to MJ and MT. Dont worry, you two; you arent getting away that easily. The holidays will be here soon enough. HA!




The Ride
The next day, I did my first large scale premier cycling event. Even though it was only a 40 mile ride, which is pale in comparison to those that did the 80 and 100 mile rides, this was the longest I had ever gone. My previous best was 12 miles.

The downside to this?

In every event I ride in, I inevitablly lose something. Last time I dropped my sunglasses. This time I was in the front pack of 100 riders with at least another 400 behind me when we started. I glanced down at my very nice, semi-expensive speedometer/odometer that is attached to my handlebars and noticed that the display hadnt been reset from my last ride. So I reached down to press the reset buttons and was successful in ripping the damned thing right out of its rails and watched it fly behind me into the pack.

My options?
1) Stop and back up to retrieve the damn thing. And in the meantime, cause those 400 people behind me to wreck.
2) Let it go and suffer thru the ride not knowing how fast I was going.

No option really. I had to let it go.

Granted it was still a beautiful ride.

This event was the last time the city would allow riders to use the DMS Point bridge before it became part of the interstate. The bridge is one of the highest points in the town and has a great view of the river as well as the boats in the channel. It was inspiring view from the top, but then had to kick myself for forgetting the camera on the kitchen counter. I was forced just to stare out into the water while others around me stopped their ride to take photos, chat, and relax.

I did have a good time going downhill on the bridge without the brakes. Since I decided to throw my speedometer at the other riders, only a rough guess had me doing between 30 and 35mph on the way down.



Chatter For Life
I went to this year's PI Florida Chat Party in Tampa. It has been awhile since I've seen alot of these people and after spending a weekend with them, I can remember why. These chat folks are probably the most crazy, sadistic people I've had the honor of being around. LOL. Fun loving, relaxed, and outgoing, the chatters are definately a wild bunch to be around.

One of the rules for chat parties is that what happens there, stays there. So here are some mental notes that I can discuss without getting myself into trouble:
* What is it with chat parties and the British?! Every time we have a Florida party, there are three Brits involved somehow. Last time was three British lads who got schooled by a few of the chat females. This time, it was three gorgeous British lasses who decided to grace us at the pool. Did we get a chance to do this? Noooooo...! Well, the view was good though.. ha!

* Scotty will need to change his name to MixMaster Scooter. He is the man when it comes to the music side of the world.


* Dont get between Betty and Lady. Ever.


* Speaking of Betty, never leave bananas around her. Ever.

* Dvls really needs to learn how to drive. He just drives way too slow. Ha! Ha!

* On the issue of driving, if you ride with Rassi/Pup, wear a helmet. Ha! Ha!


* Kat: THUDUNK! Enough said.

* Rose is contemplating a career as a nun.

* My personal thanks to Meshell for a very interesting evening. Woohoo!


More pictures will be coming as soon as I hook up the scanner again. That and I'll see what I can put up without getting sued. Ha!

Out in The Yard
On the topic of cycling, Performance Cycling is one of the best places for online shopping. I've spent a bundle with them for the past month or so and have been very pleased with them.

Background Noise
Crossing Jordan is on tv right now. Its the series finale and guest stars Michael T. Weiss, formerly known for The Pretender series.

********************************************************
* Of all the places we were hiding, love
* What was it we were thinking of?
********************************************************

0 comments: