When my grandmother was 70, she began walking a mile a day. She's 75 today and we have no idea where she is. -- Ellen DeGeneres
Tower View
My road rage is pretty well known. Tonight was just another reason for it.
When I left work, I was in the right turn lane behind a white Taurus station wagon, both of us waiting for the light to turn green or for traffic to die down enough to turn. When it did finally relax, I noticed the Taurus wouldnt turn; it just sat there.
The left turn signal went green and both sides of traffic began moving. Suddenly the Taurus jets out to make the right turn, almost hitting the oncoming car making its left turn. Just as bizarre as the sudden turn was, the Taurus sits in the lane, blocking all the oncoming cars, and preventing them from making their turn. And after all this wierdness, the car moves foreward at turtle's pace, making traffic even harder as it is.
Finally, I am able to make my right hand turn and flow thru traffic. After moving thru, I find myself side by side the Taurus and notice the driver; an elderly gentleman leaning forward, squinting at the road extremely hard, wondering why its so dark because he neglected to turn on his headlights.
I understand that older folks need to drive around town and have to get things done. The problem is that basic health and the ability to make decisions plays a part in the ability to drive, people. If you arent able to do this, regardless of the age, stay off the damn road.
Out in The Yard
Buffy is finally ending. Thank God! Now if we can only get rid of that Charmed crap.
Do games reduce productivity? I think so and neither does this story.
People should never engage in cyber-sex. This is the reason why.
Background Noise
The Ref is on. This was Denis Leary's best movie and is still funny as hell. It should be included with the must-see holiday films.
************************************************
* Dont let me die here
* There must be something more
* Bring me to life
************************************************
0 comments:
Post a Comment