Castle Shima

Ready my knights for battle. They will ride with their king once more.

ShrimpFriedRice: I saw you carrying a gift bag last week. What did you get me?
Me: Gift bag? That was over two weeks ago, woman!
ShrimpFriedRice: Never mind that. What did you get me?
-- Today's conversation at work.

Tower View
Vacation time is over so its time to catch up.

But First
One of the running jokes around here: A picture of Ken and Barbie...

***********

PC Police Part 1
This week's PC POLICE article from Scott Norvell touches close to home because there is some discussion about Asian-Americans. Apparently some people took offense to having a new Charlie Chan series because they saw it as a racist series.

I think it would be kind of cool having an updated version of Charlie Chan in order to get rid of those old stereotypes. Think about it.

Have an multi-talented actor like Chow Yung Fat or Tony Leung as Charlie; not a quotation spouting chunky psuedo-asian man, but instead, an intelligent, handsome Chinese detective.

What would be more cool than that?

Check out Hard Boiled and Tokyo Raiders and see if you agree.
***********

PC Police Part 2
Then there is the part where people were upset with the new Charlie's Angels movie. An early script had Lisa Liu's parents as a Chinese man married to a Jewish woman. When the movie was released, it was actually John Cleese as her father and a Chinese woman as her mother.

The disgruntled voices note that Lisa Liu is Asian, not half-Asian.

Excuse me? How were the gender changes in parents supposed to be any different? More to the point, isnt this a frigging movie?!

Liu is playing a character, people. Get over it.

Out in The Yard
The Tour de France is on! For cyclists, this is one of the most exciting races ever.

I'm a fan of Lance Armstrong, but he may not have this one yet. Its too early to tell and with two major crashes within the past three days, it can be anyone's race so far. .

Check out Outdoor Life Network's website for the latest news.
***********

Its a Blur. I wish I could afford one of this bike! But I'm saving up for this one from Trek.


***********

The three person body count is perpetuated once again. From the actor's catagory, there was Katherine Hepburn, then Buddy Hackett, and now Buddy Ebsen.
***********

Gamers arent anti-social hermits. Well, no sheet Sherlock.
***********

SPAM strikes back! I never realized the email term was referring to the Monty Python skit. I always thought it was a wordplay off of acronym for Spam - "Stuff Posing As Mail."

Background Noise
"Not Gonna Get Us" by Tatu

Starting from here, let's make a promise
You and me, let's just be honest
We're gonna run, nothing can stop us
Even the night that falls all around us


The problem with Tatu is that they are simply too hot. Who can concentrate while staring at their nice round.. umm.. eyes...

*********************************************
* I will never forget those nights.
* I wonder if it was a dream.
* Remember how you made me crazy?
* Remember how I made you scream?
*********************************************

0 comments: