Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.
-- Norman Cousins
::: Tower View :::
Brash Statements
I've been a little testy lately to say the least. Everyone at the office has noticed, but have been kind enough not to press the issue or have given me some space, especially when many of my conversations have been like these:
Mike: I think we have to get that documentation in by today.
Me: F*ck it. It'll get there when it gets there.
Patty: The Coffee Club needs decaf.
Me: That isnt all you f*ckers need.
Aimee: We can work on this tomorrow. You are going to be here, right?
Me: I dont know. You f*ckers are getting on my nerves.
Deedra: What about you Ken? What personal goals do you have for next year?
Me: I really need to spend some time out on the range.
Deedra: Oh? The golf range?
Me: Oh no. The firing range. I've got several pieces that really need to be used. And very soon.
I probably shouldnt have made that last comment in front of the Human Resources representative. Or even my manager as a matter of fact.
**********
::: Out In The Yard :::
Lance going to Italian court for defamation. "Wah! I couldnt beat him in the Tour De France. Then he chased me down and called me mean names. Sue him! Wah!"
**********
Your latest movie critics: Statler & Waldorf from The Muppet Show. And these guys should know. They've been in the business since the dinosaur age. (hat tip: Puppetvision)
**********
::: Background Noise :::
Krwlng by Linkin Park
This lack of self-control
I fear is never ending
Controlling
I cant seem
To find myself again
My walls are closing in
Without a sense
Of confidence
I’m convinced
Ihat there is just too much pressure to take
I’ve felt this way before
So insecure
*******************************************************
* What do you do
* When somebody lets you down
* And you want to say something
* But you can’t cause they're not around
*******************************************************
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Steward
   
Ken - United States
    I'm a forty-something American male
    Of Asian heritage.
    I may not be the best bloke you meet,
    But I do me best.
    View my complete profile
    I'm a forty-something American male
    Of Asian heritage.
    I may not be the best bloke you meet,
    But I do me best.
    View my complete profile
The Banner
   
Let the past be the past.
    Do not call up that which
    You cannot put down.
    Destroy that which destroyed us,
    So long ago.
    -- Sorin Relicbane
    Do not call up that which
    You cannot put down.
    Destroy that which destroyed us,
    So long ago.
    -- Sorin Relicbane
0 comments:
Post a Comment